Chief Operations Officer | Ukraine
The company is a farm, producing grains and oilseeds in Western Ukraine. The farm is located in the Oblast of Ternopil. The closest town is Chortkiv, where the farm management team live. It started its operations in 2011 with 1,300 hectares, implementing state of the art farming and management techniques. The farm currently operates on 7,000 hectares and produces cereals (wheat, corn, barley), oilseeds (rape, sunflower and soya), peas and sugar beet. High yields are achieved and the farm produces around 30,000T per year.
Specific attention is given to sustainable farming whereby food quality and preservation of the environment are top priorities. The company sees opportunities to further develop its farming activities in Ukraine through extending its operations with two or three more farms in the western part of the country. The goal is to operate on 30,000 hectares in the coming two to three years.
We are looking for someone to join our team in Ukraine as farm operations manager of one of the extensions.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
(Ukraine, Arable, Technology)
- Overall responsible for execution of commodity production on approximately 10,000 hectares of farmland.
- Supervision of sourcing of inputs: seeds, fertilizers, other.
- Supervision of sourcing and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
- Preparation and implementation of the crop rotation schedule, the field work schedules of the drivers and the agronomists, as well as supervision of the operations on the base consisting mainly of drying and storage (grains and inputs).
- Supervision of sales of harvested product.
- A short transition period with the support of the current team on the existing farm operations (7,000 hectares) is the preferred first step.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Degree in agronomy and substantial experience in large scale crop farm management.
- Ability and willingness to use modern commodity farming techniques.
- Able to operate autonomously and lead a large operations team (150 - 200 people) with a broad variety of tasks: agronomic analysis and assessment, operations including sourcing, seeding harvesting, storage, drying and sales. All in close collaboration with a Ukraine Deputy COO and Junior Farm Manager.
- Able to speak English and Ukrainian/Russian (at least the willingness to learn local language).
- Ability to work with management control software tools.
The COO will be based in the vicinity of the farm.
The package is negotiable, depending on experience and knowledge. You’ll get four (4) flights home, insurance packages, competitive salary in Ukrainian grivna (free to move to any EU bank accounts).
If you want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or +31 (0) 88 427 83 78. If you are interested and suited for the job, please apply with a CV and written motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org