(Junior) Farm Manager Ukraine
The company is a farm, producing grains and oilseeds in Western Ukraine. The farm is located in the Oblast of Ternopil. The closest town is Chortkiv, where the farm management team live. It started its operations in 2011 with 1,300 hectares in the Oblast of Ternopol, implementing state of the art farming and management techniques. The farm currently operates on 7,000 hectares and produces cereals (wheat, corn, barley), oilseeds (rape, sunflower and soya), peas and sugar beet. High yields are achieved and the farm produces around 30,000T per year.
Specific attention is given to sustainable farming whereby food quality and preservation of the environment are top priorities. The company sees opportunities to further develop its farming activities in Ukraine through extending its operations with two or three more farms in the western part of the country. The goal is to operate on 30,000 hectares in the coming two to three years.
We are looking for someone to join our team in Ukraine as junior farm manager.
(Junior) Farm Manager
(Ukraine, Arable, Technology)
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of commodity production on approximately 1,500 to 2,000 hectares of farmland, under the supervision of the general manager of the farm.
- Responsible for the sourcing and selection of inputs (seeds, fertilizers, other) as well as in the sourcing and maintenance of farm machinery.
- Responsible of the implementation of the crop rotation schedule, the field work schedules of the drivers and the agronomists on approximatively 1,500 to 2,000 hectares.
- Responsible for the operations on the base consisting mainly of drying and storage (grains and inputs).
- Assisting the management team with the implementation of operational control systems, and reporting to the group.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Ambition and drive to develop a career in the agricultural sector and to be part of a long term project in this sector.
- Able to operate autonomously and lead an operations team (15 to 30 people) with a broad variety of tasks: agronomic analysis, operations including sourcing, seeding harvesting, storage, drying and sales.
- Degree in agronomy and/or experience in crop farm management.
- Ability and willingness to use modern commodity farming techniques.
- Reporting: ability to work with management control software tools
- Able to speak English and must learn local language (Ukrainian or Russian).
- Will be based in the vicinity of the farm in Western Ukraine.
The package is negotiable, depending on experience and knowledge. You’ll get four (4) flights home, insurance packages, competitive salary in Ukrainian grivna (Free to move to any EU bank accounts).
If you want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or +31 (0) 88 427 83 78. If you are interested and suited for the job, please apply with a CV and written motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org