Manager Machinery and Engineering | Ukraine
The company is a farm, producing grains and oilseeds in Western Ukraine. The farm is located in the Oblast of Ternopil. The closest town is Chortkiv, where the farm management team live. It started its operations in 2011 with 1,300 hectares in the Oblast of Ternopol, implementing state of the art farming and management techniques. The farm currently operates on 7,000 hectares and produces cereals (wheat, corn, barley), oilseeds (rape, sunflower and soya), peas and sugar beet. High yields are achieved and the farm produces around 30,000T per year.
Specific attention is given to sustainable farming whereby food quality and preservation of the environment are top priorities. The company sees opportunities to further develop its farming activities in Ukraine through extending its operations with two or three more farms in the western part of the country. The goal is to operate on 30,000 hectares in the coming two to three years.
We are looking for someone to join our team in Ukraine as:
(Ukraine, Arable, Technology)
- Responsible for the repair maintenance, set up and optimisation of all vehicles and machinery;
- Manage the on-farm workshops and lead the team of mechanics / engineers;
- Responsible for training of operators in the safe and proper use of machinery with the Chief Agronomist;
- Responsible for timely purchase of spares parts and new machinery;
- In conjunction with the COO and Chief Agronomist, be responsible for devising a machinery replacement policy and its implementation within the agreed budget;
- Responsible for legal and health and safety compliance of vehicles and implements;
- Responsible for infrastructure maintenance across the business, including grain dryers and storage;
- Responsible for execution of engineering tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Ambition and drive to develop a career in agriculture and to be part of a long-term project in this sector.
- Keen interest in machinery repair and operation.
- Able to operate autonomously and lead a team of engineers and mechanics.
- A good communicator and able to work closely with the operational teams to achieve shared objectives. Experience of training people is a distinct advantage.
- Able to speak and write good English and excellent Ukrainian.
- Needs to have at least five years demonstrable experience of machinery repair and operation possibly obtained from working in the dealer service sector.
- Willingness to relocate to the vicinity of the farm in Western Ukraine.
- Tenacious, resilient, and focussed.
The Manager Machinery and Engineering will be based in the vicinity of the farm.
The package is negotiable, depending on experience and knowledge. The terms include a competitive salary, and a company vehicle, as well as an appropriate leave scheme to the home country.
If you want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 88 427 83 78. If you are interested and suited for the job, please apply with a CV and written motivation to email@example.com